Sunday 2 November 2008

Life

Life has been busy in the past one month (hence, the absence of post). First of all, I am very pleased to announce that I did it! I’ve finished and submitted my thesis in under 4 years (Alhamdulillah) and now I’m waiting for my viva. I don’t mean to brag but a few of my colleagues asked me how I managed to do it considering I also have a family to look after i.e. being a full time mom and a housewife.

Well, I must admit it was not easy and without the help from my husband, I don’t think I could manage (Thank You, Abang!). But most importantly I guess, is to keep on doing your work, every day. If you ask me, I don’t have any pattern. I would do my work anytime of the day, whenever and as long as I could (this ranged from only 15 minutes to 2 hours per day). If I had to follow a pattern, say only night time or early in the morning, I don’t think I could finish. What is also important I think is that once you start doing your work, you need to focus. When your concentration is gone, then stop doing your work or try to do something that requires very little or no thinking. There has to be some quality with the work you’re doing. There’s no point in sitting in front of a computer for 5 hours if nothing comes out of your head. You only end up bidding for handbags in ebay (which unfortunately happened to me a few times :p) and become upset when you don’t win them.

Oh and don’t forget to pray, du’a to Allah S.W.T to give you the understanding, the memory and to be always full of ideas and thoughts that can assist you in your study.

Anyhoo, I would like to say to those moms or would-be-moms out there who are now studying or who are thinking of going back to school, you can do it! Insya Allah, God will help you.

Salaam.

"Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily,
it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise" (Baqarah 2:32)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment, Mrs RE! And thanks for your kind Time Management tips! May ALLAH bless you with success, happiness and good health. Ameen!