Friday 25 May 2007

Academic Writing

This afternoon I spent like 1 hour trying to compose 2 sentences for the abstract of my economic paper that I'm thinking of sending to a journal. I tell you, it's not an easy writing. Then I asked my officemate (he's from Guyana and he speaks and writes good english!) to help me. In the end we spent like another half an hour thinking of the right 2 sentences that could capture the message that I want to send across.

For those of you who are not familiar with academic papers, an abstract is a piece of writing that you put at the beginning of your paper that tells the gist of the paper i.e. the objective, the methodology and the result, in usually not more than 2 paragraphs. So, it is I would say like the 'heart' of the paper.

Needless to say, these 2 sentences are still playing in my head. I think I'm going to sleep on them and hopefully with a clearer head tomorrow, I might just compose 2 most meaningful sentences ever in my life hahaha.

1 comment:

College Paper Writing said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.